WAFFENFABRIK STEYR MARKED HEBEL DATED 1911

signalman
User

WAFFENFABRIK STEYR MARKED HEBEL DATED 1911

Post by signalman »

i just received this Hebel with manufactures mark of WAFFENFABRIK STEYR, and dated 1911 !

Does anybody have a similar example, or one that is dated earlier than 1911.

There is a 3 digit number under the barrel, but NO external number on the frame.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
bergler
User

Re: WAFFENFABRIK STEYR MARKED HEBEL DATED 1911

Post by bergler »

Wow, what a nice example! I have a Waffenfabrik Steyr with no date, and this one should be around 1903 -05. There was a small numer of hebels made in Steyr before the production gegan in Vienna (WHF or AZF). Could you show pics of the whole gun?
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, I will as soon as I can.

Please show photo's of your example.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

It took a while, but here we go. This is my example of the Waffenfabrik Steyr. It has a very large brass barrel enlargements for a fixed fitting to fire out of fortresses. In fact, it is spring loaded to hampen the recoil. It has a seperate austrian acceptance under the barrel and was never blued. It was the assumption here that the Waffenfabrik Steyr was of a first production in 1903 to 1905, but seing your example this is obviously wrong. If you ever sell or trade your example pls let me know, I like it a lot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Thank you, Could we see a photo of the Austrian proofs under the barrel ??

What you have is a great variation !

It is possible there might have been Austrian proofs under the Waffenfabrik Steyr, as I see what looks like a " W " below the factory mark. Wn ?? and then an eagle and date ??, which might have been erased by the hard use this warhorse went through.

bergler
User

Post by bergler »

Here is the proof under the barrel. I think that the barrel has a seperate acceptance because it was heavily modified and mabe afterwards undergone special testing....

You are totally right about a fade acceptance under the writing of Steyr.....there is a fade Wn, but I can not read more, unfortunaltely. So it had an acceptance like yours as well.

I will go to Slovenia and Italy this summer where there are some fortresses from WW1 as museums. I have been there several times and remember some tubes that were fitted into the concrete to fire out of the firtress. I am quite sure that this apparatus will fit in there.

Return to “Leuchtpistole Hebel”