Model "L" for a Kriegsmarine ? Luftwaffe ? pontoon plane.

signalman
User

Model "L" for a Kriegsmarine ? Luftwaffe ? pontoon plane.

Post by signalman »

This is a Model "L" I have had for quite a few years. It is marked for a Pontoon plane I believe.

It is a Krieghoff manufactured in 1942.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
ayf
User

Re: Model "L" for a Kriegsmarine ? Luftwaffe ? pontoon plane

Post by ayf »

signalman wrote:This is a Model "L" I have had for quite a few years. It is marked for a Pontoon plane I believe.

It is a Krieghoff manufactured in 1942.

Nice and special,but be aware.A lot of fakers today doing "Modifications" to increase the value on a item ;)
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I am well aware of that with 45 years collecting. This came in a collection I bought of 550 flare pistols about 35 or so years ago. I believe this to be totally original.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

Hi, i don, t think it is markeed for a plane. More for an airbase with seaplanes, butvfor ground control. Not for a plane but for the base.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Thank you, That certainly is possible. I do not understand German, and use a handheld dictionary to translate. Could you tell me how you would translate the marking ??

ayf
User

Post by ayf »

Weser Seaplane Harbor II,probaly used by air traffic controll ... ;)
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Thank you, Are you aware of where Harbor II is located ?? Would it be in Germany, or an occupied country ?

Willi
User

Post by Willi »

The Weser is a major river in N.Germany. It flows into the North Sea at Bremerhaven. Looks like a good place for a seaplane base.
Willi

Return to “Leuchtpistole L "Fliegerleuchtpistole"”