:lol:

G2
bergler
User

Re: Walther Model SLS

Post by bergler »

AR-50A1 wrote:
bergler wrote:
Thanks! A nice SL single Barrel flare gun. Would you be open to communicate the selling Price to us? Would be quite interesting for me to know what this one went for.

Thank you!
Hello bergler,

Including the 15% buyers fee, shipping, etc. I spent in excess of $3,000 for this flare pistol.
Thank you! This is about the selling Price here in Europe as well, 2500 EUR upwards I would say. I thought they were going for less in the US, but I think those times have gone ;-)
bergler
User

Re: Walther Model SLS

Post by bergler »

......and paying Attention to the Serial Numbers:

55423 vs 55357

Very closeby. I know signalman has for sure some more exaples ;-) Would be good to see those numbers as well, to see if this is a number- range as it seems now!
AR-50A1
User

Re: Walther Model SL

Post by AR-50A1 »

G2,

Here are the two Baby Nambu's. :-0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

Hi All,

I am asking if any member has experienced the heat problems that are shown in the photos I attached.

This Model SL is the one I recently 'won' at the latest Rock Island Auction Premium Auction held as couple of weeks ago. I wish I had taken a picture of the bore before cleaning it - it looked as though the Russian Army had captured this FP and every one of them used it as a latrine. The bottom of the outside surface had the remains of charred wood and the top had the distinct evidence of high heat.

I contacted Rock Island Auction and submitted the same pictures that are in this thread. They have received my submission and I waiting to hear back from them. I'll keep this forum posted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

More pictures...
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

And more pictures...

Feel free to comment.

Bill
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

VERY heavily used I would say, but I have never seen this before, too hot from the inside?
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

It was shot a lot, in a very short period of time.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

It is possible a flare could have been fired, and for whatever reason, ( lack of propellant powder, or obstruction in the barrel ) my guess is that the flare burned IN THE BARREL, causing this heat damage.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !

Return to “Leuchtpistole Sl”