Type 10 - recent find

Mark
User

Type 10 - recent find

Post by Mark »

I've been looking at Japanese flare guns but the condition hasn't been there for a purchase. I finally found this gem, all matched numbered right down to the grips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Re: Type 10 - recent find

Post by signalman »

Hello, a very nice example of a wartime produced model 10. Note the rougher finish, and different shades of blue, normal for one produced in the 6xxx range through end of production near 8500. Starting in the 7xxx range you will begin to see examples with ill fitting parts as well.

Now you need a Holster, Lanyard, takedown tool, and of course an example of a flare. Good Hunting !
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

Hi Mark,

My first Japanese flare pistol for my WWII collection. A Type 10, Kokura arsenal, serial number 7403. Grip panels numbered to the pistol.

Collecting flare pistols is worse than collecting M&M's.

Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Great looking type 10. All models of Japanese flare pistols are favorites of mine
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Mark
User

Post by Mark »

Nice!

Return to “Type 10”