Japanese Type 90 Double Barrel 'sky' Marked

AR-50A1
User

Japanese Type 90 Double Barrel 'sky' Marked

Post by AR-50A1 »

Good Afternoon Folks,

As mentioned in an earlier thread, I have been on a collecting binge and I was again fortunate to find a really nice Type 90, 3rd Variation, double barrel to add to my growing collection of Japanese flare pistols.

This one is in great shape, serial number 9018, and is marked with the Kayaba proof, Sakura proof and the 'sky' proof. There is honest wear on the surfaces and light rust occurred on some small spots. There is no corrosion in the frame under the grip panels.

Its interesting to note that the top grip screw retains an internal spring loaded 'horse shoe'. I was able to detect it and I have no idea how difficult it would be to reassemble if the grip screw had been totally removed without using a straight punch to keep it in place.

Thanks for your time. Comments welcome.

Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AR-50A1 on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
AR-50A1
User

Re: Japanese Type 90 Double Barrel 'sky' Marked

Post by AR-50A1 »

A couple more pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

And the last one:
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is a VERY nice example of a "Sky" marked flare pistol. I think these are very underrated and underpriced. They would be either for the Japanese land based planes, or the carrier based planes. Either way, These are a great collectors piece, and a great investment.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !

Return to “Type 90 double barrel”