International Flare Signal Co Mark 2

guy sajer
User

International Flare Signal Co Mark 2

Post by guy sajer »

Hello . New to the forum . I always thought we needed a flare gun forum on the net . Thank you .

I used to collect WWI/WWII flare guns but sold out a few years ago . I did keep one of these though . Reason being I grew up in Tipp City , OH formerly Tippecanoe City . The factory that made these while no longer there was located about a block from my house .

here's my example .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Re: International Flare Signal Co Mark 2

Post by signalman »

Hi, I have an assortment of Tipp City flare pistols in my collection.

I had in the past a neat scrapbook on the Co. that produced these flareguns. Unfortunately in a weak moment I sold it to a neighbor of yours and collector who lived in Tipp City. Wish I had it back !
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
guy sajer
User

Post by guy sajer »

I wish you did too . I would've loved to have seen it . Maybe I know the neighbor :^)
Brian Keith
User

Post by Brian Keith »

You might be interested in seeing this box I found at an antique mall. The box was empty, but I put a gun in it for the photo. I don't know if this box is for a military contract or civillian sales. Anybody know? Any body have any of them in orignal packing? Anybody have SN 28578? Hope you enjoy seeing it.
BKW
DSC_0522.JPG
DSC_0521.JPG
DSC_0520.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

That box is very neat.

Although I have several of them, and have seen many more, It is very rare to find one where the lid is not warped, and which has a serial number on the box. Most boxes I have seen have no number on them.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Brian Keith
User

Post by Brian Keith »

Thanks for your comments signalman, I was very excited to find it.
BKW
guy sajer
User

Post by guy sajer »

Love that box ! what a great find :^)
Gotavapen
User

Post by Gotavapen »

700US-M2.jpg
This is a US M2 but with different plates. It's marked M2 as you can see.
Can any body say anything about it?
Gotavapen
User

Post by Gotavapen »

M2 stamp on barrel
700_M2namn.jpg
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, pretty straight forward example of an M-2, with replaced grips, and a missing screw. Grips easily chipped when accidentally dropped, I also need an original pair for one of my examples.

Good Collecting

Return to “International Flare Signal Co Mark 2”