My collection of one

Bruiserman
User

My collection of one

Post by Bruiserman »

Just found this in my mom's house during a move. Took it home with me. Quite a neat gun. Just started researching the history on it. Learned it's a German, Luftwaffe signal gun. FZS LN24483. Can't figure out the exact year as it's not shown on the gun. Everything works on it. :D

PS. Hello from Florida
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gunnertwo
User

Re: My collection of one

Post by gunnertwo »

That's a great way to start!

For great info look at this:

http://leuchtpistole.free.fr

G2
Dr.E13
User

Post by Dr.E13 »

That’s a nice piece of history. Good Collecting.
May your collection grow and prosper.

Dr.E13
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, Nice pistol to start a collection with. Fzs is manufactured by Heinrich Krieghoff. The serial number should be on the other side of the LN 24483 marking. If there is no date it was probably manufactured in late 1944 or early 1945.

Other maker marks on the Model L include, Sander, Ecko, Ojr., AM, Gpt., HK,and GBW. If you wish to add to your collection.

I also recommend getting some of the flaregun books and articles on area's of flare gun collecting you may be interested in.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Bruiserman
User

Post by Bruiserman »

Thanks for the info. I've really enjoyed researching the gun. My dad had never even mentioned it and we found it hidden away in a wooden box. Also found his army rifle and several bayonets. Has been an interesting week.

Return to “Show your flare gun collections”