WWII German holsters

billybibbet
User

WWII German holsters

Post by billybibbet »

I greatly appreciate the education you have all provided me on this hobby. I am interested in bidding on this flare pistol, but I have questions as to the authenticity of the holster. I have seen post war variants of this holster, but they did not have the inner flap over the cartridge loops (obviously the waffenampts are meaningless, as they are easily faked). I have seen this holster listed on other past auctions as authentic WWII, but would prefer to get a more seasoned opinion. Can someone with knowledge comment:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by billybibbet on Sat 12 Jul 2014, 00:21, edited 1 time in total.
billybibbet
User

Re: WWII German holsters

Post by billybibbet »

final picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This holster is a postwar manufactured holster. Nazi markings are total fakes.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Thank you again Signalman!

Here is the listing:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =428028735

I asked the seller if he would be willing to auction the pistol separate from the holster, but he is not willing...and I don't want anything to do with the holster. I guess I will pass.

Return to “Show your flare gun accessories”