SPANISH LA CORUNA FLARE PISTOL

signalman
User

SPANISH LA CORUNA FLARE PISTOL

Post by signalman »

This is a Spanish La Coruna flare pistol. It is similar, but not identical in shape and design to the German Heer Model flare pistol.

These pistols began production during WWII, This example however is dated 1946
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Peter
User

Re: SPANISH LA CORUNA FLARE PISTOL

Post by Peter »

I have been offered this wartime (1943) model of the Spanish Coruna flare gun, but am not sure if the price is right.
What would be a fair price for a piece like this?

Thanks in advance!
Have a nice weekend.
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peter
User

Post by Peter »

Nobody replied with tips/price indication, so I decided to buy it.
Great shape!
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Sorry for the delay, If you paid $1000 or less you got a good to fair deal. Not many of these floating around. I got mine from Navy Arms over 30 years ago when they imported a very small batch. What is extra nice is the WWII date.

The grips on one side look nice, is the other side also not damaged ?? The grips on these guns are brittle and easy to Chip or break, so if in nice condition, that would be another plus.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Peter
User

Post by Peter »

Hi Howard,
Thanks for your reply!

Grips on both sides are good, excellent finish on the gun and very good action with strong springs.
These guns seem to be very well-made (with the German LP-34 as an example), except for the grips with their brittle edges.
I paid a lot less than $1000 so I feel I got a good deal!

This example was found in Holland, possibly used by the Germans towards the end of WW2???
It has no German markings though.

Return to “Other countries' & unidentified flare guns”