Possible Vietnam flare pistol

breakeyp
User

Possible Vietnam flare pistol

Post by breakeyp »

I can't identify this crude flare gun with 8.5 inch barrel with proprietary cartridge flares about 12ga. There are no markings. The crude design/construction and weathering seem typical to me of guns made in Vietnam and brought back after the war. Condition is too crude to be attributed to Afghanistan/Dara. Possible Philippines? Comments are appreciated.
Off flare pistol possible Vietnam 2 r.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Re: Possible Vietnam flare pistol

Post by signalman »

Obviously hand made. It could be any one of a number of countries, and I do not believe you will ever know for sure which one.

It was probably meant for shotshell, but of course it would not be considered safe by our standards, and thus it would probably be good for 12 ga. flares and tear gas.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Dr.E13
User

Post by Dr.E13 »

It reminds me of a flare gun that wasn't as crude.

Out of the country for a few weeks, will check when I return.

Thank you for sharing.
May your collection grow and prosper.

Dr.E13
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

I would agree, the sights too, seem a tip off for anti-personnel use, rather than flares. ;)

Return to “Other countries' & unidentified flare guns”