Chinese Flare gun

Mark
User

Chinese Flare gun

Post by Mark »

I'm not sure what to call this, it is a copy of the Japanese type 90 but marked G-80 next to the serial number. So, a type G-80 Chinese flare gun?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Re: Chinese Flare gun

Post by signalman »

Hello, I have one marked C-45028 and have seen others with the "C" prefix so I believe the prefix may be a clue to the manufacturer.

A number of these came back during the Viet-Nam war which ended in 1975, Many also were imported as surplus through Century arms in the 80's, so I am guessing the 80 is not a date.

What we need is a collector to travel to China and do a little research, in order to remove this confusion.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
ron3350
User

Post by ron3350 »

I have a similar Chinese copy of the Japanese Type 90 2 barrel pistol.
Marked : G - 80 - 5945 and what looks like tiny numbers 067 or 967 ? on the side but upside down.
I am asking about the leather holster as it differs from the one shown above.
The strap is stitched at the back of the holster and not on the front. Is it still Chinese or Korean? and not Japanese?
Chinese Copy a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ron3350
User

Post by ron3350 »

Chinese Copy b.jpg
ron3350
User

Post by ron3350 »

Chinese Holster a.jpg
ron3350
User

Post by ron3350 »

Chinese Holster b.jpg
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

There are a number of holster variations as you can see. I have a few of these Chi-Com Korean or Vietnam War era flaregun rigs with holsters. I have one for sale on gunbroker now.

This is the link.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/824694690
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
hotto
User

Post by hotto »

After WWII, these guns were made in the Republic of China according the pattern of the Japanese double-barreled signal gun type 90. These replicas did not have the quality of their Japanese counterparts, but were technically okay. The operation was completely identical to that of the original weapons. After the civil war in 1949 decided in favor of the Communists under Mao Tse Tung, the national Chinese troops retreated to the island of Taiwan, where the Republic of China still exists today. All the pistols remaining on the mainland fell into the hands of the Communists. They were first used by the People's Liberation Army and passed to the Vietnamese Army after the introduction of the Type 57 signal pistol, where they remained in service until at least the end of the Vietnam War.

Best regards
Horst

Return to “Other countries' & unidentified flare guns”