HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON Mark III - One Inch

signalman
User

HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON Mark III - One Inch

Post by signalman »

This is a nice Harrington & Richardson Mark III flare pistol in One Inch caliber.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Weidman
Beheerder

Re: HARRINGTON & RICHARDSON Mark III - One Inch

Post by Weidman »

Hello Signalman,

Do you know the production, length and weight of this flare gun?

Regards,
Flaregun
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, weight is 23.1 oz. and length is ~ 7 inches with a 4 1/4" barrel.

I do not know production figures. The one I pictured is #195

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
dogdog
User

Post by dogdog »

HI
I have one of these pistols it is all alloy however i cant find any info on them do you know when they were made and who used them are they ww2 or later?
any help would be good.
could they be air crew issue ? as they are small and light compared to some?
regards
Andy
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Here is an all Alloy, Aluminum H&R Mark III A. It has the normal length barrel, and of course the typical H&R wood checked grips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is a Very Rare All Brass H&R Mark III. Note that it has a longer barrel than the more often seen Mark III and III A's.

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is one All Aluminum example I just picked up, It has the VERY RARE long barrel like on the all Brass Mark III, I have never seen one of these before so I was happy to purchase it. Serial number is A257.

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

There must have been a reason for the longer barrel, as I have two examples of Aluminum Alloy Model III A's with Steel Barrel extensions threaded on. They were found at separate times over a period of years, so I am sure it was some sort of Government, Factory, or Company Modification, and not just a bored gunsmith having fun.

964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

I just picked up a Mark III yesterday (S/N Z244).

It appears that the Mark III A is the designation for the alloy frame version. Can anyone confirm?
ron3350
User

Post by ron3350 »

Here is my alloy H&R Mk111 One Inch. s/n A 1040. Who was Cowdrey & Co,Inc. New York ?
Do the alloy pistols all have this three line address ?

Return to “Other & unidentified American flare guns”