FRENCH 1822T SIGNAL PISTOL

signalman
User

FRENCH 1822T SIGNAL PISTOL

Post by signalman »

This is a very early French Naval Signal Pistol. It is a Model 1822 t. It is a Percussion fired pistol that ignites a trail of flash powder that leads to a Pan full of the powder at the end of the pistol.

It is believed that this model pistol was bought surplus by the Confederates during the Civil War.

This pistol is in excellent condition for its age, and has the French Naval Proof on the butt of the pistol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
K & K Collection
User

Re: FRENCH 1822T SIGNAL PISTOL

Post by K & K Collection »

Hi,

last year, somebody offer me the same gun, but he ask 3.500 euro. Is this the price ???

K & K collection
K & K Collection
signalman
User

Re: FRENCH 1822T SIGNAL PISTOL

Post by signalman »

Hello, I have 3 of these. All were bought over 30 years ago. I have not seen any recent sales. I would imagine that would be a fair price.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !

Return to “Other & unidentified French flare guns”