Rare French signal gun

Chickenthief
User

Rare French signal gun

Post by Chickenthief »

For the past 8 hours i have scoured the net in search of info on this 35mm signal/flare gun.
I have found Jimmy Hoffas burial site, several honest politicians and hens teeth galore, but almost nothing on this sucker!

What makes it different/uniue is the side ejector.

Can anyone share some info?
DSCN0061 s.jpg
DSCN0062 s.jpg
DSCN0063 s.jpg
Hmmm 3 pic limit, more to follow!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chickenthief
User

Re: Rare French signal gun

Post by Chickenthief »

DSCN0064 s.jpg
DSCN0066 s.jpg
DSCN0067 s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chickenthief
User

Post by Chickenthief »

DSCN0069 s.jpg
DSCN0070 s.jpg
DSCN0071 s.jpg
It looks to me like the ejector and the screw for the lockinglever are newly made and brass not bronze.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

French WWI era, usually manufactured by G, G & C. Grivolet Gerest & Cie. Not rare, but it is scarce as Less than 1000 believed manufactured. That is about all I know. I have a couple left in my collection ( that I am selling ). Sold a number of them over the years for $500 ea. I do not know their current value in Europe.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !

Return to “Other & unidentified French flare guns”