Long barrel Leuchtpistole 26 - variations and serial numbers

signalman
User

Long barrel Leuchtpistole 26 - variations and serial numbers

Post by signalman »

Long Barrel Heer Leuchtpistole 26 with baumschraube attachment dated 1932. Serial number of flare pistol is #6019
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Re: Long barrel Leuchtpistole 26 - variations and serial num

Post by signalman »

Long barrel Heer Leuchtpistole 26 serial number #6436
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Long barrel Luftwaffe Leuchtpistole 26, N4002 marking on frame, along with 36 ( date accepted by Luftwaffe ) and Luftwaffe eagle 2 proof mark. serial number #9871

Also Note Rare absence of the Walther Banner on this example !

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Long barrel Leuchtpistole 26 RARE Greek Contract. Note Greek Crest and Model 1930 or Greek acceptance in 1930

Serial # 11085

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Long barrel Heer Leuchtpistole 26, N4002 marked on frame, Serial number #13,972

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Long barrel Leuchtpistole 26, Unit marked " L.C. Nr.47 " on frame. Serial #14217

bergler
User

Post by bergler »

WOw, very impressive as usual! I didn´t know that there are greek export models of the Mod26. Do you know what the unit marks "L.C." stand for?
The number N4002 can be found on short variations as well....I have one example with long ond one example with short barrel. It is the "Anforderungsnummer" (requisition number) of the Luftwaffe (Nachrichtenmittel 4002 = Leuchtpistole), same as the "L.n." number on the double barrel ModL flare gun for the Luftwaffe.
I will list my examples (2 pieces) of the long barrel version as soon as I can.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, I know of only the one Greek Model. I would love to see one in better condition.

I would also love to see a LOW serial number Long barrel Heer. Did serial numbers start at one, or one thousand, or what ??

I do not know what the L.C. unit marking is, I am hoping one of our members will tell us.

I assume that the N4002 marking is the requisition number, but NOT that it must have been delivered to the Luftwaffe, as only a small number of the N4002 marked flareguns have Luftwaffe proofs.

If I am wrong, please correct me.

ayf
User

Post by ayf »

signalman wrote:Long barrel Heer Leuchtpistole 26, N4002 marked on frame, Serial number #13,972

someone know the year of production of this one ? ;)
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I do not know anyone who has a list of date of production on the long barrel Heers, but I would guess it would be the early 1930's. Perhaps 1932 or 1933.

By the way, I do not remember if I mentioned it on another post, but I now have a SECOND Greek Contract 1930 Heer model, and it is CONSECUTIVELY Numbered to the one pictured above. I am guessing it is a very small contract, and consider myself quite fortunate to have found a consecutive numbered pair !

Return to “Other & unidentified German flare guns”