Behr cattle killers

signalman
User

Behr cattle killers

Post by signalman »

The Behr flare pistol is one of the most desirable of the early flare pistols. Most flare gun collectors realize that there are a number of Cattle Killers based on its Design.

I have a larger Cattle Killer with a blunt bolt that shoots out of it, and I have a smaller model, which has a pointed bolt that will shoot out. First pictures show the larger Cattle Killer with bolt partially extended, and the three ( flare pistol, Large CK, and small CK ).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Re: Behr cattle killers

Post by signalman »

Smaller Behr Cattle Killer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
SlickRick
User

Post by SlickRick »

What type blank/cartridge was used in these cattle killers?

Rick
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

The larger CK uses a .380 or .38 blank, the smaller CK uses a .320 or .32 blank

Pilot7474
User

Post by Pilot7474 »

Hi Signalman,

It is interesting to see that so many variations on the Bär pistol (made by Sauer und Sohn) exist.

Concerning the smaller one: A while ago I examined a similar gun that had a much thinner barrel and used, I believe, a .22 blank with a kind of moving chamber. There was thread at the muzzle.

After long consultations we decided that it may have been a fuse starter. Have you ever seen something like that on the Bär frame?

Return to “Cattle killers”