Barrel reduction

Hebel94
User

Barrel reduction

Post by Hebel94 »

The same with a cal. 4 barrel reduction to the number.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Re: Barrel reduction

Post by signalman »

The USA used mostly French and English and H&R Flareguns during WWI. Very few Remington MK III's actually made it to Europe.

The most common USA flare cartridge was 25mm, and I do have other WWI era flare pistols with liners to 25mm. You should try a 25 mm and see if it fits.

I also have 2 French 1917's with USN markings in my collection.
Last edited by signalman on Thu 03 Nov 2011, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Hebel94
User

Post by Hebel94 »

This is very interesting. Would you have pictures of these US navy markings? There is also a French navy version of this model as shown on the attached pictures. You will note the smooth grips and the anchor on the butt. The manufacturer is also different. This version is less common than the usual one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

U.S.N. markings on a 1917 French Flare pistol. Also note the eagle head located on the opposite side as the USN markings.

My other U.S.N. French Pistol does Not have the Eagle head.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is my French Navy 1918.

Note the Anchor on the butt was dinged and distorted.

Return to “Grivolat Gerest Model 1918”