Type 90 SKY marked with TAG

Mark
User

Type 90 SKY marked with TAG

Post by Mark »

I thought this recent find might be of interest, it was from the vets family. No capture papers but he sent me one of the two dog tags his grandfather had. I asked if he had papers and there were none but he had the tag .. I'm glad I asked!

He kept the other tag as a memento. ... an added bonus is the SKY marking!

The gun is pretty minty, one of the nicest in condition for my collection.

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Re: Type 90 SKY marked with TAG

Post by signalman »

That is a great flare pistol. Sky marked flareguns usually show a lot of wear. That is the best one I have ever seen.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Mark
User

Post by Mark »

A friend on the P.38 forum found the vets obit, the dog dag is a Navy variation. Amazing what you can tack down on the web these days.

Seebold, Robert M.

Passed away Thursday, October 6, 2016 at the Episcopal Church Home at age 90. He was born November 5, 1925 to Miller and Stella Seebold. He was predeceased by his parents; his wife, Gail; brother-in-law and son-in-law. He is survived by his children, James (Heather), Barbara, Steven; sister, Doris; his grandchildren; many nieces and nephews; brother-in-law and sister-in-law. Bob was a United States Navy Veteran who proudly served his country during WWII and was a retiree from the Xerox Corporation after 26 years of service.
Brian Keith
User

Post by Brian Keith »

Really Nice! Thanks for showing it. Love that you have the Vet's history.
BKW

Return to “Type 90 double barrel”