When is this fliegerleuchtpistole by fsz made?

dennischristiaan
User

When is this fliegerleuchtpistole by fsz made?

Post by dennischristiaan »

I would like to know, how I can figure out when this fliegerleuchtpistole is made by fsz.
Most of times, there will be a year just above the markings of the maker. Here it isnt, bur there is a waffenambt proof. So Who can help me out.
Regards,

Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BrunoH
Beheerder

Re: When is this fliegerleuchtpistole by fsz made?

Post by BrunoH »

Hi,
The question has been asked some months ago if I don't make any mistake. I'll try to find what was said. The answer was late 44 or 45.
If someone can confirm...
Regards
dennischristiaan
User

This is what I found out.

But I still don't know when its made, when i take a look at this picture. Because on this fliegerleuchtpistole is a 5 digit serial number. And in 1944 it only reached a 4 digit number. So could it be a 1941?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dennischristiaan
User

Other thing i noticed, There is no Fn or FL on the gun.
Normaly it would be FN 24483 or FL 24483. Its only marked with 24483
Could this mean its not for Luftwaffe use?
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Could you show a close up of the marking. I have not seen any fzs marked pistols without FL F1 or LN.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
dennischristiaan
User

Here is the fliegerleuchtpistole with only the number made by Fzs
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is an old thread, but I will take a stab at answering the question. I believe that this is an F1 style, The FL's with four digit serial numbers were manufactured before parkerizing was used as a finish, they were polished and anodized. This example seems to have traces of a stamp before the 24483, possibly a broken die. I believe the information from the book was in error because the author is confusing the FL's with the F1's. Each of these had there own serial number ranges. The FL's can be found from 1941 through 1944 and later undated with serial # into the 30,000 range. The F1's are 1943-44 and are all under serial number 10,000
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !

Return to “Leuchtpistole L "Fliegerleuchtpistole"”