Sedgley Model 1 (?) With Holster

somd_mustangs
User

Sedgley Model 1 (?) With Holster

Post by somd_mustangs »

Is this a "Model 1"?
I can't find the article on the Sedgley flare guns , it's buried somewhere in the pile**. But it does look like the Model 1 in the first post of this section:
http://www.flaregunforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=96

S/N 2199, grip handle marked with "S" on both sides, an S in circle proof with "25 MM" stamped over it on left side of barrel, and "1-13-31" patent date. But no markings on the top of the barrel rib or anywhere else. The gun fits in the holster perfectly so it seems to be purpose-built, not adapted.

** Found it! "The Flare Guns of R.F. Sedgley," Gun Collector's Digest 5th Edition, p, 38
several pics of similar but not a lot of detail.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by somd_mustangs on Sat 11 Feb 2023, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.
somd_mustangs
User

Re: Sedgley Mark I (?) With Holster

Post by somd_mustangs »

Compared to a Sedgley Mark V (10 gauge):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
somd_mustangs
User

Re: Sedgley Mark I (?) With Holster

Post by somd_mustangs »

Lastly, what kind of material is the grip handle ?
This has one chip on the outside, and larger chunks on the inside where it meets the barrel (which leaves it a bit of a loose fit). I have the pieces, just need to figure out the best way to glue them back in place.

Return to “Other & unidentified American flare guns”