Hungarian Flare Pistol from 1922

Promo
User

Hungarian Flare Pistol from 1922

Post by Promo »

A friend of mine recently sent me pictures asking for help to identify a flare pistol for him. I did not know much on it either except that it is Budapest proofed from 1922. Asking collectors of flare pistols and a Hungarian friend I was able to identify Aiváz Boris from Budapest as manufacturer for this pistol. He patended it with patent number 82329 dating 11.03.1921, interestingly without the steel inserted barrel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Promo
User

Re: Hungarian Flare Pistol from 1922

Post by Promo »

This particular model is also interesting in that it is different not only by the extended metal barrel, but also by the fact that the barrel reaches approx. 5mm above the bulge at the muzzle (compared to an identical model which once was shown on another forum by a Russian person which ended right after the bulge). Edit: also note the very tiny (Hungarian?) acceptance on bottom of the backside of the grip.

I've been told that this should be Model 20M or 1922. Can someone confirm which model this really is and why there are various versions of it? Also, is there an approx. number of those which were ever made?

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Russian and other communist block countries' flare guns”