italian flare gun "mod 1888"

Italian flare guns
hotto
User

italian flare gun "mod 1888"

Post by hotto »

The first Italian signal pistol was used since 1888 in the Navy. This was a modified licensed version of the original very pistol gun, the official designation was simply "signal pistol" (another weapon of that kind did not exist at the time). The weapon was provided with a handle on the barrel, which should allow better handling. Frequently used pistols caused problems with the locking of the rotation after some time, because the spring flagged. By installing a stronger spring, the barrel was kept in place, but he could not open without problems. Remedy was created by a lever that looks like a trigger under the gun. Upon actuation of this "trigger", the catch is released against the pressure of the spring and the barrel was easily turned. From about 1892, the Very guns were delivered with this device, older weapons were retrofitted in most cases.
M 88 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hotto
User

Re: italian flare gun "mod 1888"

Post by hotto »

M 88 2.jpg
the other side of the gun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hotto
User

Post by hotto »

and the opened gun
M 88 3.jpg
Best regards
Horst
hotto
User

Post by hotto »

Sorry - I forgot the data

Production time from 1888 to 1905
Producer -Fabbrica d`Armi. Torino
-Fabbrica d’Armi Brescia
Caliber 1 in.
Total length 203 mm
Barrel length 100 mm
Wight 1 000 g
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I have an example of this model that has been modified to fit a standard holster. It is dated 1894.

flareguns 030.JPG
flareguns 031.JPG
flareguns 032.JPG
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I could not post 3 pics at one time.
flareguns 031.JPG
flareguns 030.JPG

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

flareguns 031.JPG

Return to “Italian flare guns”