Mark 3

Gotavapen
User

Mark 3

Post by Gotavapen »

Sorry to ask you so much.
Is this what is called Webley Mark III? That's what is written anyway.
signalman
User

Re: Mark 3

Post by signalman »

Its a Harrington & Richardson flare pistol manufactured for the Brits.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Proff
User

Post by Proff »

Do you know the production years???
You are not the only one who has a gun, bitch!
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I do not know production data, but I do know they were used in WWII, Bob Gaynors book says the the Mk IIIA was tested in 1941 for use as a replacement for the Remington Mk III.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
AlanD
User

Post by AlanD »

It has quite modern British commercial proof marks. As far as I know this Mark 111 pistol was not adopted by the British. They did buy 15,000 odd of the MK VI which was all steel construction and with plastic grips.
At one point the British did purchase a few thousand 10 guage signal pistols in the U.S. which they tried to convert to one inch calibre. I think these were Remington's but could be wrong on this. Its all covered in some detail in the offical war history of signle pistols published by U.S. Ordnance at the end of the war. I photocopied this booklet on my last visit to the National Archives in College Park, its about 80 odd pages and makes fascinating reading.

Regards

AlanD
H & R Mk VI.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Webley and Scott Mark 3”