bergler
User

Sturmpistole on auction OK or NOK?

Post by bergler »

Hi,
found this auction on the web, not sure if it is a current or a past auction:

https://www.morphyauctions.com/jamesdju ... ght-52700/

Price: no comment ;-)

I just wanted to see if you regard this set as authentic. There are some good detailed Fotos shown, so I think it should be possible to validate if this set is OK or NOK.
It seems that the barreled liner for the Wurfkörper 42 is in there…..that is a very rare item, much rarer than the stock or sight. I know it is impossible to tell if that one is good from one pic.

What is yr opinion on this whole Setup?
signalman
User

Re: Sturmpistole on auction OK or NOK?

Post by signalman »

The front sight is real, Not sure on the rifled liner, I do not like the fact that there is a round stamp over the WaA number, also the Waa eagle on the extractorl. I will dig mine out and compare.

The folding shoulder stock however is FAKE, postwar.

This came from the collection of J. Sturgess. I remember it being auctioned off, it went for big money, yet I warned a few people that asked me about being aware that the stock was fake.

Good Collecting, Howard
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
BrunoH
Beheerder

Post by BrunoH »

Hi,
As underlined by Howard, the folding shoulder stock is a post war reproduction.
Regarding the sleeve (or the rifled liner), it looks good but I thought they were made of some kind of brass but I may be wrong.
An regarding the visor, I thought that on the on the right side, there should be a rivet (to maintain the spring) instead of a drilled keyway.

Regards
52700x9 (copy).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hotto
User

Post by hotto »

Hello Bruno,
the smooth barrel for the Wurfkörper 361 was made of brass. The barrel for the Panzerwurfkörper 42 was made of steel.

Greetings Horst
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Yes Bruno, The rivet is missing, I did not notice that, I am sure it just broke off / or maybe instead of a solid rivet, it is a hollow style: as the sight assembly is definitely real.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
BrunoH
Beheerder

Post by BrunoH »

hotto wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020, 13:48 Hello Bruno,
the smooth barrel for the Wurfkörper 361 was made of brass. The barrel for the Panzerwurfkörper 42 was made of steel.

Greetings Horst
Thanks Horst ;)
You are right, the barrel here is rifled !!
BrunoH
Beheerder

Post by BrunoH »

signalman wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020, 14:34 Yes Bruno, The rivet is missing, I did not notice that, I am sure it just broke off / or maybe instead of a solid rivet, it is a hollow style: as the sight assembly is definitely real.
Ok Howard

Return to “Leuchtpistole S "Sturmpistole"”