unknown Hebel manufacturer

bergler
User

unknown Hebel manufacturer

Post by bergler »

I got this Hebel a few days ago. Although I have a list of most known manufacturers I cann not find this one. Also, I do not know the small eagle stamp on the barrel. Maby there is some help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bergler
User

Re: unknown Hebel manufacturer

Post by bergler »

more pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, It is a known maker. I do have an example, but they did not manufacture very many of this model.

The maker could be Heinrich Bader in Zell-St. Blasi. as that name is mentioned in his book with no code to identify it. This is just speculation however.

There will be a new book, over 700 pages from what I am told in Dec. or Jan. on German Flare Pistols and cartridges.
The Book will be in English, and I will let you know when it comes out.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

signalman wrote:Hello, It is a known maker. I do have an example, but they did not manufacture very many of this model.

The maker could be Heinrich Bader in Zell-St. Blasi. as that name is mentioned in his book with no code to identify it. This is just speculation however.

There will be a new book, over 700 pages from what I am told in Dec. or Jan. on German Flare Pistols and cartridges.
The Book will be in English, and I will let you know when it comes out.
Thank you for the information! The new book....do you mean the encyclpedia that is currently in work in Germany, or another book that is in work in the US?
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

Manufacturer is apperantly known.....Emil Barthelmes, Zella - St Blasii

it is a good forum ;-)
signal
User

Post by signal »

Hello Bergler,

Yes, Emil Barthelmess is right.
I am sorry, but in the new book "German Flare Pistols and Signal ammunition" wont be the list of Hebel manufacturers, it will be part of the encyclopedia. We have meanwhile identified 19 different German manufacturers, 4 unkown markings, 2 Austrian markings and probably 1 Romanian marking.
The Hebel manufacturer list will be not only in the encyclopedia, it is also already in Wolfgang Kern´s excellent latest edition on page 34.

best
Signal
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

signal wrote:Hello Bergler,

Yes, Emil Barthelmess is right.
I am sorry, but in the new book "German Flare Pistols and Signal ammunition" wont be the list of Hebel manufacturers, it will be part of the encyclopedia. We have meanwhile identified 19 different German manufacturers, 4 unkown markings, 2 Austrian markings and probably 1 Romanian marking.
The Hebel manufacturer list will be not only in the encyclopedia, it is also already in Wolfgang Kern´s excellent latest edition on page 34.

best
Signal
Hello,
I am really looking forward to the new encyclopedia and (your?) new book as well! Are there any due dates to know?
As for the Hebel, I know/have another cech manufacturer, and out of the Austrian I know 2 different Steyr´s (one with full name and one with logo), the 2 different Manufacuturers/logos from the Arsenal in Vienna and one from Ferlach. Makes 5 more or less.
Many greetings,
Bergler

Return to “Leuchtpistole Hebel”