Huge LP34 Collection - Pre War, Wartime, Zinc, Police!!

BoomDoc
User

Huge LP34 Collection - Pre War, Wartime, Zinc, Police!!

Post by BoomDoc »

Hey folks,

I recently had the good fortune of picking up an extensive collection of pre war and war time production LP34 flare pistols. Most are in excellent condition and are really cool. The production and manufacturing changes are very evident between the pre war guns and those produced later and have been really cool to compare.

These are some of the preliminary photos that I grabbed for inventory purposes. Im still on the learning curve as far as rarity and desirability of different production codes / years, any pointers there?

Value wise they seem to be all over the place. One of the early pistols is police marked (eagle / c ) which no doubt is rarer than the run of the mill guns but without finding any comparative examples its been hard to gauge. There is also an example with a zinc lower and blued barrel that I have found no similar examples of. Definitely a lot of cool variation here to learn about.

Id love to hear any insights or comments you all may have on these. Anyway, here's a bunch of pics to enjoy!

Peter
User

Re: Huge LP34 Collection - Pre War, Wartime, Zinc, Police!!

Post by Peter »

Hello Boomdoc,

Welcome to the forum!
Your first post is quite impressive!

Congrats with your great purchase of a bunch of nice LP34's.
They all seem to be in pretty good condition.
I especially like the police stamped one.

There is a lot of LP34 info on the forum and on the rest of the web.
As you said, you have a nice variation, so there is a lot to discover.

Best regards,
Peter
Sg8498. 13
User

Post by Sg8498. 13 »

Hello,

Nice collection of LP34 ... bravo
Sg8498. 13
User

Post by Sg8498. 13 »

You're missing this one ...

BoomDoc
User

Post by BoomDoc »

Thanks for the welcome folks! The 34s definitely offer quite a bit to learn about. So far the two tone zinc / blued guns have given me a run for my money. Best as I can tell they are most likely factory zinc variants that had their barrels replaced during field level maintenance.

As far as the police marked gun goes I have not been able to find much on them either on number produced or on speculative value, any ideas there?

SG8498, that's a great looking Z. I was fortunate to not only grab a full zinc gun in this lot but also a very nice Z (just haven't gotten there chance to get pics of those). Hopefully Ill have some up soon!

Return to “Leuchtpistole 34”