Large Collection Flare Guns For Sale April 7

signalman
User

Large Collection Flare Guns For Sale April 7

Post by signalman »

I have a Large Collection of Flare Guns for sale at Centurion Auctions LLC, in Tallahassee, Fl. Auction is online now at Centurion website, but will also be shown shortly on Proxibid, and others.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Alpino
User

Re: Large Collection Flare Guns For Sale April 7

Post by Alpino »

will look Signalman,,, Biden just gave me a ton of free money lmfao
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is the link to the auction, over 125 vintage flare guns / signal pistols / line guns.

https://www.proxibid.com/Centurion-Auct ... =true#cnTb

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

Thanks Howard - have already placed several bids!
964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

Howard--
From your perspective, how did the auction go yesterday? Was there anything that surprised you (went for much more or went for much less than you thought it would)?

I won three of the nine lots I bid on. I am very happy!
--Rob
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I was disappointed on the low value for the line guns, especially the boxed examples. The SL stainless went way low. Rare variations of common flare guns went low. The Congreve Rocket launcher was an absolute steal. Surprisingly Holsters added no value in this auction except possibly for the Japanese double barrel. I will sell my holsters separately in the future.
Most of the flare guns went for fair prices, some were surprisingly higher than I expected, like the Chinese and Korean flare pistols. The Civil war and 1882 flare guns went for fair prices, although they have gone a lot higher in other auctions. Overall I was satisfied. I made room in my house, and have reduced the number of flare guns I wish to sell.

I will be submitting more flare pistols for sale in the near future and I will announce it when I do.

Which three did you get ? ?

964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

Lot 63419 - H&R Mk III (went for a little higher than I thought but it looks like a nice one and am happy to get it)
Lot 63425 - W&S Mk III (thought this went low)
Lot 63503 - 1942 British No. 3 with the threads at the muzzle vice lugs (this is the one I really wanted more than anything else - is it the same one you had on gunbroker for a while?)

I was surprised the Manvilles didn't seem to bring much bidding.

Will you be going to Show of Shows in July (assuming it happens)?
Last edited by 964AWACS on Thu 03 Jun 2021, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I will be at the SOS.

If I get my tables, I will have German and other types of flare guns and flare cartridges.

Good Collecting

Return to “Buy and sell flare guns”