Sturmpistole and Kampfpistole designations

tarawa
User

Sturmpistole and Kampfpistole designations

Post by tarawa »

Hello all. I am new to the site and new to the world of flare guns. Watching old German and Russian war documentaries sparked my interest in tank warfare on the Eastern Front and especially anti-tank tactics. In one of the Germans documentaries I was acquainted with the Sturmpistole or Kampfpistole, but can’t remember which one it really was. I asked my friend to find me one in Europe, since he splits his time between the US and there. He said over the years, he has been offered a few in Eastern Europe, but warned me that they were most likely reproductions of some unknown origin. Since I only wanted a representative piece, a reproduction would be fine. He gave me a ball park figure on a stock set, less the pistol. Several years went by and he called me (from the US) and had located a few. I purchased them and also purchased two 1939 Nazi marked Walter flare guns.
I know that they are repros, but they sure look great with my other WWII German collectibles. My question is about their ATF designation. What are they designated as and what are the ATF’s restrictions? Surely, with the current environment, the ATF has something to say about these flare guns.
Regards from Florida

Return to “Leuchtpistole S "Sturmpistole"”