Coston Sedgley

Producer:
Coston Sedgley, producer code Coston Sedgley
Produced: ?
Caliber: 37 mm
Length: 266 mm
Weight: 1500 gram
usacostonsedgley.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
isawal
User

Re: Coston Sedgley

Post by isawal »

I've got one of these, I think do you have any more information about them?
mini-IMG_0007.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I wrote an article in Gun Collectors Digest Vol. 5 on Sedgley flare pistols. Lots of information in it.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
isawal
User

Post by isawal »

I would love to read it any way u can post a copy?
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is one of my Standard barrel length Coston-Sedgley flare pistols. Of course it is in 37mm, Manufactured by R.F. Sedgley in Philadelphia, Pa. Patent marked 1-18-31.

Isawal, I have the article on Sedgleys, but cannot list it, as it is too long, and the pictures and print do not come out right when I try to reduce size to fit the forum.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
cvatican
User

Post by cvatican »

Hello from Norway

I have a Coston Sedgley as in the picture.
It is not complete as the barrel opening screw on the left side of the gun, the fireing pin and spring are not there.
Do you know where I can buy these three items.
Is it possible to get a picture of these items.

I got this gun from a gunsmith as a 10year old boy in 1954 and found it again some days ago and want to put it in working order.

Return to “Coston Sedgley”