"Mathiot" flare gun/rifle

bergler
User

"Mathiot" flare gun/rifle

Post by bergler »

Here is one of the french flare rifles, a "Mathiot". There were conversions from the Gras and Lebel Karabiners made as well, but this one is no conversion. It has the low Serial# 31. The speciality of this gun is the opening mechanism.....the barrel slides to the side after pushing a lever and with this movement an ejector plate is triggered so the empty shell is released. The body is brass, the barrel is steel. The strange looking woodwork is in actual fact not a bad replica, but original. Just looks odd ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bergler on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
bergler
User

Re: "Mathiot" flare gun/rifle

Post by bergler »

more...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

They also made this style flare rifle without an ejector.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

These are my two examples with NO extractor, Note, they have high serial numbers, I do not know if they began at # 1000 or was a continuation of the extractor model.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

These are my two with extractor, They both have serial numbers under 1,000.

My serials with extractor # 84, #685

My serials without extractor # 1076, # 1225

K & K Collection
User

Post by K & K Collection »

Hi,
These are my two different riffles. The first with ejector # 338. The second without ejector # 1118

K&K Collection
K & K Collection

Return to “Other & unidentified French flare guns”