Dutch M18

K & K Collection
User

Re: Dutch M18

Post by K & K Collection »

Hi,
I have 2 different M18 flare guns. A first and second model. The first model have number #9 and the second model have the number #654. The difference between the two is the barrel. The first model have two holes at the end of the beginning on the barrel. The side where you put the cartridge in it. The pictures are better than my English.

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
K & K Collection
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

The two holes are to aid in removing the cartridge ?? or is there another reason ?
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
K & K Collection
User

Post by K & K Collection »

Yes, it's true. It's for removing the cartridges. Some French flare guns have the same barrel. Model 17 and 18.

Best regards
K & K Collection
Hebel94
User

Post by Hebel94 »

I also saw a Dutch M18 with the same holes on the barrel.

I attach the pictures of a French Mod. 1918 which was modified in nearly the same way. It is obviously not a regulatory modification.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hembrug
User

Post by Hembrug »

Here is my model 18.
Serial number 562
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I just sold these 2 examples. Other than my example with the tree spike, these are the only ones I have seen in the USA.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Hembrug
User

Post by Hembrug »

Wish I had known they were for sale!
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I am downsizing my collection. Eventually I just want about 100 to 200 of the variations that are most important to me.

Peter
User

Post by Peter »

Hembrug wrote:Wish I had known they were for sale!
I totally agree; it would have been nice to get them back "home" to Holland!
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

They are going back to Holland, cannot / will not / say to who.

Return to “Other countries' & unidentified flare guns”