Heym WWII SLD

signalman
User

Heym WWII SLD

Post by signalman »

These are my two Heym WWII SLD flare Pistols. The Heym is the most difficult maker mark to find on the Aluminum, WWII Kriegsmarine guns to my knowledge. My serial numbers are 39, and 246.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
hochadler
User

Re: Heym WWII SLD

Post by hochadler »

Further to the postings on Werhmacht Firearms Forum regarding the Heym flare pistol.
I thought that the Marinewaffenamt /III 3 was assigned to Walther. Was the limited
production of aluminum Heym flare pistols sub-contracted to them by Walther?

Peter (adler)
Mark
User

Post by Mark »

I believe the answer is "yes".

Walther had the patent and produced the expensive stainless steel guns. The prototype with the Walther banner shows that Walther created the aluminum variation.

It makes sense that they would send engineers to a start up an assembly line for production on a small scale as eeu was tooling up.

The small run of these guns may have been the test pistols for general production at eeu which made them cheaper and could produce a larger volume of guns.

Mark
gunnertwo
User

Post by gunnertwo »

Beautiful examples! Thanks for the pics.

G2
Willi
User

Post by Willi »

Yes, they look to be in fine shape.

Return to “Leuchtpistole Sld”