LP42 with qyn marking

Ratnik
User

LP42 with qyn marking

Post by Ratnik »

Here I want to discuss LP42's with qyn markings.
I don't have book by Lorenz Scheit "Deutsche Leucht- und Signalmunition bis 1945", but I was told that there is mentioned there it was produced 5000 of "qyn" flare guns.
On Wehrmacht Awards I read that "qyn" could is post- october 1944.
But my qyn LP42 was founded at the attic of old house, in region where was no german troops after begging of August, 1944
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ratnik
User

Re: LP42 with qyn marking

Post by Ratnik »

here is "qyn" LP42, which is belongs to one guy from Latvia (he allowed me to post this photo).
It is the only, known to me, "qyn" LP42 with serial number
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BrunoH
Beheerder

Post by BrunoH »

Hi,
The only one I have has no Id number...
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

I have 4 "qyn", and they are all without Ser#. I have never heard/seen one with a number. Thanks for showing!
Ratnik
User

Post by Ratnik »

Was lucky to get one more qyn LP42, in near mint condition, with 95% of original grey finish. Flare gun assebling is very, very unaccurate....
phosphateb
User

Post by phosphateb »

in the german code book...the last published code in October 1944 was OZZ. Any code after OZZ is post October 1944 e.g. sgx, qyn, sww.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

That is the first qyn I have seen with serial number, I own 2 currently, and have sold maybe 6 or 7 in the past. None had serial numbers, and most were in excellent condition. I agree production is limited. If only 5,000 I bet the survival rate is pretty high.

Mine are Waa 99, Is it the same on the early serial numbered pistol ??
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
phosphateb
User

Post by phosphateb »

My qyn with 44 dated holster and 43 dated cleaning rod...next time I am home will get some pics of my DE. Anyone every wanting to sell their SWW let me know. will pay big bucks for it if the condition is right...Thanks!
phosphateb@gmailXXX.com take x's out

having an issue uploading the file...email me if you want a pic..thanks!
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Here is a SWW Manufactures code LP42. Serial # 182379 It shows very crude construction, brass grip screws turning greenish. It has a Factory Original galvanized finish, probably to protect against rust.

I have a number of other LP42's with this same finish including serial # 1260 euh ( a very early gun ), yet I run across much more of them with a parkarized finish than galvanized, and even more with NO finish, just bare steel. I do not know why the two different finishes were used.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Ratnik
User

Post by Ratnik »

signalman wrote:Here is a SWW Manufactures code LP42. Serial # 182379 It shows very crude construction, brass grip screws turning greenish. It has a Factory Original galvanized finish, probably to protect against rust.

I have a number of other LP42's with this same finish including serial # 1260 euh ( a very early gun ), yet I run across much more of them with a parkarized finish than galvanized, and even more with NO finish, just bare steel. I do not know why the two different finishes were used.

I agree with you... It's very interesting why 2 types of finish was used.
qyn flare gun that I post at the top, was without any finish.

"sww" - late war "euh", "de" - late war "wa", correctly?

And here os photo of one DE, as I remember it was sold for 850 euros last year

Return to “Leuchtpistole 42”