39mm Pre-WWII Japanese Flare Pistol

signalman
User

39mm Pre-WWII Japanese Flare Pistol

Post by signalman »

This is a Very Rare Pre-War Japanese 39mm Flare Pistol. It is dated Feb 23, 1932. Barrel was made by one Manufacturer, the Frame by another. I believe it was Marketed by Kawaguchia Firearms Co.

This Example of mine is the only one I know of.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Re: Markings on the 39mm Pre-WWII Japanese Flare Pistol

Post by signalman »

Shown in these photo's are the Markings of this Rare 39mm Japanese flare pistol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Brian Keith
User

Re: 39mm Pre-WWII Japanese Flare Pistol

Post by Brian Keith »

Nice looking Flare gun. Is this strictly a ommercial product or was it used by the military also?
BKW
signalman
User

Re: 39mm Pre-WWII Japanese Flare Pistol

Post by signalman »

I assume it was a commercial product, but I really do not know.

Return to “Other & unidentified Japanese flare guns”