International Flare Signal Co Mark 2

signalman
User

Re: International Flare Signal Co Mark 2

Post by signalman »

Now I will show another type of Driggs Faber System flare pistol very similar to the M-2 and also manufactured by the International Flare Signal Co. in Tippecanoe City, Ohio. I have two different examples of this pistol. One with a much fatter Locking Lever than the other.

The first example with thin lever. Note the Wood Grips, Steel Barrel, and the big difference in the back of the pistol from the M-2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by signalman on Mon 03 Sep 2012, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is the example with the fat Lever, It also has a more pointed trigger than the thin lever version.

Now, were these made before the M-2's, at the same time, or After ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This example appears to be a post WWII example of flare pistol also similar to the M-2, also manufactured by International Flare-Signal Co. in Tippecanoe, Ohio.

Note, It is ALL steel construction with a black painted finish. No Brass. Also the Lever that holds the cartridge in the pistol is on the top rear of the flare pistol, not on the side. Finally, the grip safety was eliminated.

Very few of these were manufactured, probably because of the glut of surplus wartime models available in NON rusting brass.

Brian Keith
User

Post by Brian Keith »

I can't add any information, but thanks for posting those!
MSG BKW
Brian Keith
User

Post by Brian Keith »

I picked up this chrome plated M2 example a few weeks ago, it is unmarked except for the grip panels and “K45” on the front strap of the grip. As others have said, without military markings, it was probably made for non-military sales.
BKW
P7290333.JPG
Brian Keith
User

Post by Brian Keith »

Markings:

BKW

Return to “International Flare Signal Co Mark 2”