TYPE 90 DOUBLE BARREL Variation 1 - NORTH CHINA COPY

signalman
User

TYPE 90 DOUBLE BARREL Variation 1 - NORTH CHINA COPY

Post by signalman »

This is a North China Copy of the Japanese Type 90 Double Barrel 1st variation. Serial # G-80-5100

These may be difficult to spot by a novice collector, but the markings on top of the receiver are a dead give away. The North China has a long serial number, usually beginning with a letter, and then has hyphens separating parts of the long serial number. The pistol is also made cruder, and weaker ( The Receiver cover dents easily ).

I do not think these were made in WWII, but I know they were brought back by GI's from Korea, and Vietnam.

Many are found with smooth wood grips, some checked, and this example has plastic grips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Superdave1953
User

Re: TYPE 90 DOUBLE BARREL Variation 1 - NORTH CHINA COPY

Post by Superdave1953 »

Hey there, I recently traded for one of these at a local gun show. there was another on the table that was considerably cruder manufacture. I traded a Federal Labs 37mm tear gas gun that had been modified and I had $150 in, straight across for the nicer example of the Type 90 Chinese copy. Did I do OK? Any thoughts as to value and rarity? Don't get me wrong, I'm just tickled to have it, as I have not been able to afford a Japanese model.

SuperDave1953
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

You did just fine.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Superdave1953
User

Post by Superdave1953 »

Thanks, can you give me a value range? I'm not adept at posting pictures, but I'd say it was in approximately 75% condition. Don't want to sell it, just want to know.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Value $250 to $400 depending on demand and condition.

Superdave1953
User

Post by Superdave1953 »

signalman wrote:Value $250 to $400 depending on demand and condition.

Thanks, Signalman. I believe we've done business before via Gunbroker. Always a pleasure.

Return to “Type 90 double barrel”