Early Italian Very Pistol - dated ? 1894

Italian flare guns
signalman
User

Early Italian Very Pistol - dated ? 1894

Post by signalman »

This is an Early Italian Very Pistol, It is the same Double End style as the US 1882 Very Pistol. The double end style allowed easily loading, and reloading, using a fresh unfired cartridge as the extractor for the expended cartridge.

These were made with a Handgrip welded to the barrel, but most were removed as it was clumsy, and the pistol would not fit in a holster with the handle.

This appears to be dated 1894, but it may be a serial number, or dated at some time after production. I believe the gun was actually manufactured much earlier because of its resemblance to the 1882 USA model, and the fact Very Patented his pistol in Europe in the late 1870's. I also think this pistol pre-dated the Italian flare pistol with the 1889 Bodeo style grips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Dr.E13
User

Re: Early Italian Very Pistol - dated ? 1894

Post by Dr.E13 »

Evidence indicates the Very system (flares & Pistol) was patented in Italy circa 1879.
May your collection grow and prosper.

Dr.E13
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

I believe this is the correct Holster for this flare gun. It was designed to fit the flare gun even when it still had the welded handle on top.
I only have the Holster, still Need the gun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

Dr.E13
User

Post by Dr.E13 »

The holster is fantastic. Glad to see it.

Thanks.
May your collection grow and prosper.

Dr.E13
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, Actually I believe your holster is for this model.

I also have a holster for this one.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !

Return to “Italian flare guns”