HEER MODEL LEATHER HOLSTERS - MAKERS & DATES

AR-50A1
User

Re: HEER MODEL LEATHER HOLSTERS - MAKERS & DATES

Post by AR-50A1 »

The last two pics.

Foam flare pistol is not loaded...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, I am sorry to say, but the pigskin holster is well known postwar German holster with fake ink markings.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

signalman wrote:Hello, I am sorry to say, but the pigskin holster is well known postwar German holster with fake ink markings.
sorry to say the same, east german post war production with fake markings. They appear on eBay from time to time as 100% original, which they never are. I have a few of those as well, without fake markings. Nice holster and the LP34 fits perfectly, but post war.
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

Thanks, Gentlemen, for letting me know.

The holster in question is the first pig skin flare pistol holster I have ever seen and its construction even impressed Jerry Burney who operates a leather repair service specializing in Imperial and WWII German holsters.

Do either of you happen to know where I may find some history on this holster? Is there any books, etc. that call out this holster as being a reproduction? Don't take me wrong - both of you have probably forgot more about this subject than I will ever know. I just want to educate myself so I lessen the chance of making another mistake like this.

Are there any legitimate pig skin flare pistol holsters that you are aware of?

Thanks again for taking the time to point me in the right direction. I really appreciate it.

Bill
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Wolfgang Kern wrote a book, in German that pictures and talks about Postwar German Flare Pistols.

" Deutche Leucht und Signalpistolen 2 "

and of course there is the large flare gun book in English on German Flareguns that Simpson Ltd. is selling.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

AR-50A1 wrote:Thanks, Gentlemen, for letting me know.

The holster in question is the first pig skin flare pistol holster I have ever seen and its construction even impressed Jerry Burney who operates a leather repair service specializing in Imperial and WWII German holsters.

Do either of you happen to know where I may find some history on this holster? Is there any books, etc. that call out this holster as being a reproduction? Don't take me wrong - both of you have probably forgot more about this subject than I will ever know. I just want to educate myself so I lessen the chance of making another mistake like this.

Are there any legitimate pig skin flare pistol holsters that you are aware of?

Thanks again for taking the time to point me in the right direction. I really appreciate it.

Bill
Hi, this holster is NOT a reproduction, it is just not from WW2 area, but postwar. You find many WW2 holster reproductions now for 30 EUR on the net which look like the original. This one does not, it was issued and introduced in the 50s as far as I know, but make and quality are very good indeed as it has been through army acceptance and seen field wear. And yours has been pimped up ;-)
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is a 1935 manufactured holster I just purchased, manufactured by CARL KUNTZE / PENING SA.

there is an early eagle waa to the right of the makers stamp visible in the 1st photo, but it is too weak to show any details.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter
User

Post by Peter »

This is an early, 1928 manufactured holster.
Maker and WaA are there, but hard to read.
Other markings: II / J.R.10 , 2 and 3553

Original (found in barn with LP42 still inside).
See pictures...
Last edited by Peter on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 19:56, edited 2 times in total.
Peter
User

Post by Peter »

And another one:
WaA920 K. Budischovsky Wien (AT) 1942

Could anyone give an opinion about the originality of this one?
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I like the 1928 holster very much, they are near impossible to find, Keep me in mind if it is for sale.

The other holster from the photo's, I do not like the metal fittings, it does not look WWII to me. The leather would need further examination, The front looks repro, and the back seems to look good from what I can see.

I would like other opinions, Leather is not my area of expertise, which is why I started this thread.

Return to “Show your flare gun accessories”