HEER MODEL LEATHER HOLSTERS - MAKERS & DATES

signalman
User

Re: HEER MODEL LEATHER HOLSTERS - MAKERS & DATES

Post by signalman »

Black Heer Holster

FR&K VOEGELS, KOLN DEUTZ, 1937, E/Waa387
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by signalman on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Black Heer Holster

FR&K VOEGELS, KOLN DEUTZ, 1937, E/ cannot see number
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Black Heer Holster

LEDERWARENWERK, CURT VOGEL, COTTBUS, 1939, E/ cannot see number

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Black Heer Holster

E/waa234, ACLA ( 2 more lines of faint writing that I cannot read. )

Ratnik
User

Post by Ratnik »

signalman wrote:Black Heer Holster

E/waa234, ACLA ( 2 more lines of faint writing that I cannot read. )

ACLA
Köln-Mülheim
BrunoH
Beheerder

Post by BrunoH »

Hi,
Just to update this nice thread with some late find. A leather holster from PINNEBERG made in 1938 (WaAmt code is 279).
Have a nice day
Regards.
ayf
User

Post by ayf »

My New find,C POSE from 1939.
Last edited by ayf on Wed 25 Dec 2013, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
ayf
User

Post by ayf »

backside
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

Good Evening,

I recently purchased what I believe is an unusual flare gun holster that is constructed entirely of pig skin. It came from a collector in Canada.

Those of you that collect Lugers, P.38's and other German WWII era pistols know that pig skin was used as a substitute for cowhide beginning in 1940+/- . Leather became scarce and alternatives were explored (as presstoff - a laminated paper - became the standard material used for flare gun holsters).

I am still new at flare guns and their accessories but I'm doing my homework in order to get caught up. The pictures attached to this thread clearly show what pig skin looks like when viewing the inside surface of this holster. Most examples I have examined (in hand) have either had a pebbled finish or a somewhat 'rough finish' on the surface of the holster. Luger, P.38, and other small pistol holsters usually have their belt loops, closure straps, etc. made of cowhide. The pig skin flare pistol holster shown below is entirely made of pig skin - no cowhide was used.

Bill
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

A couple of more pics. The black gnarly thing sticking out of the holster is high density foam that I use to keep the holster from flattening.

Return to “Show your flare gun accessories”