LP34 from 1937 - Inspection marks?

Timelapse
User

LP34 from 1937 - Inspection marks?

Post by Timelapse »

Can someone help me identify these stamps, especially the "circle" with the "*" inside?
The Crown with a "U" and an "S" underneath I believe are some kind of proofmarks, and the circle with the "4" is the caliber.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Re: LP34 from 1937 - Inspection marks?

Post by signalman »

Hello, The crown "B" is a proof that indicates the pistol has been proven durable with a heavier load, and that the pistol is completely finished.

The crown "U" is a proof meaning untershung which means it has been inspected.

The crown "S" I believe means the barrel is a smoothbore, or tested with a shotshell.

The circle "4" like you said indicates the cal.

The circle with the spokes I believe is unknown, but peculiar to German Flare Pistols.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Timelapse
User

Post by Timelapse »

signalman wrote:Hello, The crown "B" is a proof that indicates the pistol has been proven durable with a heavier load, and that the pistol is completely finished.

The crown "U" is a proof meaning untershung which means it has been inspected.

The crown "S" I believe means the barrel is a smoothbore, or tested with a shotshell.

The circle "4" like you said indicates the cal.

The circle with the spokes I believe is unknown, but peculiar to German Flare Pistols.
The gun has the Luftwaffe eagels så maybe the circle with the spokes is connected to this unit!
But thanks alot so far Signalman. Image
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, I see no luftwaffe eagle on this flaregun, just the army eagle waffenampts, Can you show a picture of a luftwaffe eagle on this gun ??

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is a Luftwaffe proof on a Heer Model. There is an "L" in the circle in the chest area. Note the style of the eagle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is the other style luft proof seen on Heer models. I know of no other Luftwaffe proofs on the Heer models.

Timelapse
User

Post by Timelapse »

signalman wrote:Hello, I see no luftwaffe eagle on this flaregun, just the army eagle waffenampts, Can you show a picture of a luftwaffe eagle on this gun ??
Well my mistake then I took the below shown Eagle for Luftwaffe. I am sorry that I can not show any better photos, they are not mine.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Not a problem, I see some of the " Big time " Dealers make the same mistake.

By the way, what is the serial number, and date or address on your Walther flare pistol

Timelapse
User

Post by Timelapse »

signalman wrote: By the way, what is the serial number, and date or address on your Walther flare pistol
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Thank you, signalman

Return to “Leuchtpistole 34”