3 unmarked H&R flare pistols

signalman
User

3 unmarked H&R flare pistols

Post by signalman »

Here are three non-maker marked flare pistols, but obviously they were manufactured by Harrington & Richardson.

The top pistol is U.S.C.G. ( United States Coast Guard ) marked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
964AWACS
User

Re: 3 unmarked H&R flare pistols

Post by 964AWACS »

As always, thanks Signalman for posting some unusual items for our viewing pleasure!

As a follow-up, what is the purpose of the "attachment" on top of the barrel of the USCG marked example?
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Hello, It is the locking mechanism for the barrel. Note there is no break open button on the side of the pistol, like on the other two flare pistols.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

Thanks!
ron3350
User

Post by ron3350 »

Here is another variation of unmarked 1" H&R flaregun. Do I call it a H&R Mk111A ?

It has the grips as shown in photo 1 but the alloy frame of photo 3.
The number C 85 is stamped on the frame near the grip base.
H&R UNMARKED A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ron3350
User

Post by ron3350 »

H&R UNMARKED B.jpeg
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Unsure of what they are called, however they are not Mk 111 or 111A's.

Wolfgang Kern and others are working on new volumes of their flare gun books that will have the USA models.

Book 1 has been out for a few years on German flare guns; Book 11 is now out in Europe, printed by DWJ on European Flare Guns. Books 3 and 4 hopefully will be out in 2 and 4 years. I think Book 4 will be the one with USA flare guns.

ron3350
User

Post by ron3350 »

Thanks for the reply. I have not seen any of those flare pistol books yet.
I always enjoy your comments signalman and you must have had a magnificent collection before selling off.
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I still have about 1/3 of my former collection to sell. Plus about 90 % of the flares and accessories.

here is the link to DWJ and the flaregun books

https://www.dwjmedien.de/epages/6242443 ... ducts/1046

Return to “Other & unidentified American flare guns”