Vreemd seinpistool met afkorting K.Pr.J.K.

Blue Knight
User

Vreemd seinpistool met afkorting K.Pr.J.K.

Post by Blue Knight »

Kwam een vreemd seinpistool tegen met een ongebruikelijke sluiting.
Op de kast de afkorting K.Pr.J.K.
Weet iemand wat deze afkorting betekent en wie de fabrikant zou kunnen zijn ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BrunoH
Beheerder

Re: Vreemd seinpistool met afkorting K.Pr.J.K.

Post by BrunoH »

Hi Blue Knight
Would it be possible to translate your comment / question in English please ? So every members of the forum (form all around the world - and the only way for everybody to understand each other is using English - use a web translator if your are not confident in writing in this language - ) may appreciate it and be able to try to help you ?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Blue Knight
User

Post by Blue Knight »

Dear BrunoH,

No problem at all and sorry that I did not think about that before.
Won't happen again.

Heading: Strange flare pistol with abbreviation K.Pr.J.K.

Text:
I encountered a strange flare pistol with an unusual locking system: a lever under the barrel.
In the frame: left side above the trigger is the abbriviation: K.Pr.J.K.
Does anyone knows what this abbriviation means and who the manufacturer is ?
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I have a Dapag Hebel with similar markings, only my gun has St.J.K.

I believe this is a Police Marking, am I correct ?? Does the K.Pr. and J.K. indicate a district or city ??

Also, what would the crown "A" indicate, Is it a German Proof, or another country ??

This gun is being sold by me on Auction Arms. If I am wrong in the description, please correct me, and I will correct the auction.

Link - http://www.gunauction.com/buy/12031943
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

By The way, the manufactures code for my example of the first gun with unusual break open lever is JCEHEF

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

I have been going through my Hebels, as I am going to sell a good number of them. I just found an example with a Unit mark of " St.J.13 ". It is on a Hebel with manufactures code Gebr.R.

Would this also be a Police unit ?? or is it infantry ??

The number of unit marked examples, compared to total production of German flare guns appear to be VERY SMALL

This example is for sale at gunauction.com ( used to be Auction Arms ).

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Just received this information from a friend, and would like to know if there are any other opinions.

"Hi Howard,
The first two might be Bavarian police. St.J.13 - Patrol Unit , Staff #13 ?

St.J.K. - Patrol unit Automobile , Staff.

The third one is Imperial I think. K.Pr. = Königlich Preussiches , not sure about the J.K.

Len"

Return to “Leuchtpistole Hebel”