International Flare Signal Co, Tippecanoe City, Ohio

SSG
User

International Flare Signal Co, Tippecanoe City, Ohio

Post by SSG »

Hello,
this is my first post here and I don`t know, if I am able to attach 2 pictures here.....they are
concerning a signal gun, manufactured by te above mentioned company. It seems to be made out of some casting material, may be steel (heavy). The gun has no barrel and no security-switch. On top of the pistol is a small lever which holds the cartridge by enganging in the extractor groove.
I would like to know, between what years it was manufactured, for whom and how many. What is it worth for a collector (I am not really going to sell it), just to know.
Thanks very much in advance for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Re: International Flare Signal Co, Tippecanoe City, Ohio

Post by signalman »

Hello, I do not know much about these except that I have 2 of them, slightly different from each other. I believe these to be post WWII, and of course you can see that they were manufactured by the International Flare Signal Co, in Tippecanoe City, Ohio ( also called Tipp city, Ohio. ).

Very small numbers produced, probably because of the glut of WWII era surplus flare pistols on the market. Also most flare producers made flares with rims fitting standard flare pistols, where rimless flares might have been considered less desirable.

You do not mention caliber. Is yours a 37mm, or a 25mm ??
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
SSG
User

Re: International Flare Signal Co, Tippecanoe City, Ohio

Post by SSG »

Hello,
thanks for your answer!
Mine is 1.5", serial number 2 digits.
Regards

Return to “Other & unidentified American flare guns”