Recent purchase from Numrich Arms

billybibbet
User

Recent purchase from Numrich Arms

Post by billybibbet »

These are selling for $199 plus shipping currently. They have been refinished post war, and have the "1" inside a circle stamp. They are listed as 'good', and I bought a couple, this was the better condition of the two. The second one had a bit more wear on the grips, and some light corrosion on the outside and inside of the barrel..and less finish left on the frame, but still a decent looking example and fully functional and with loaded chamber indicator and faint waffenamt and EUN contractor.

This one still has some of the post war bluing on the frame. Faint waffenamt on the left breech. Functional loaded chamber indicator. EUN contractor.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1433230.htm I don't think you should expect the condition to look as good as the picture in their ad. They do pay return shipping if there is a problem with the order. I have returned post war LP2s with cracked grips in the past without trouble.

Compared to the ones I see on GunBroker and other online vendors, these seem to be in better condition, and lower price. BUT, they do have the post war refinish and markings. I notice many sellers are unclear on the post war "refinish" status of what they sell and often omit photos on the top of the barrel showing if they have the post war stamp or not...I wonder if that is intentional or not.
As always, buyer beware and ask questions first.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bergler
User

Re: Recent purchase from Numrich Arms

Post by bergler »

Hi, those are israeli post war refurbished lp42. The chamber will be alterred, and often the pins are altered as well as stampings. I have seen maby 200, and zhey all were euh manufacturer. It is ww2 german, but altered. .
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Thank you for your comments. In what way is the chamber altered?
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

billybibbet wrote:Thank you for your comments. In what way is the chamber altered?
to fit the english caliber which is similar o german cal4 but not the same...the rim is thicker. But the normal cal4 still fits.
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Okay, thank you. I just tested your premise and you are correct, my LP42s will easily chamber the 26.5mm and 25mm rounds with the thicker rims (I have some marine flares with very thick rims). The gun I normally launch those rounds in, is my RV85 rifle, which has the provision for rounds with thicker rims. I am told the RV85 was designed to shoot non lethal baton rounds and gas, and the thicker rims prevented their use in flare pistols.

I also see what you are saying about replacement pins. The forward pivot pin with the circlip/snap ring is a post war replacement. Do you know how the original pins were retained? Was it an interference fit?
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

billybibbet wrote:Okay, thank you. I just tested your premise and you are correct, my LP42s will easily chamber the 26.5mm and 25mm rounds with the thicker rims (I have some marine flares with very thick rims). The gun I normally launch those rounds in, is my RV85 rifle, which has the provision for rounds with thicker rims. I am told the RV85 was designed to shoot non lethal baton rounds and gas, and the thicker rims prevented their use in flare pistols.

I also see what you are saying about replacement pins. The forward pivot pin with the circlip/snap ring is a post war replacement. Do you know how the original pins were retained? Was it an interference fit?
The original pin was held in place by the barrel opening spring.....the pin has a groove and the spring will fall/fit in there....
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, I appreciate it very much. :D
I am confused why they would change the pin, the original type seems simpler (one fewer part) and less complicated.
phosphateb
User

Post by phosphateb »

great information THANKS!

Return to “Leuchtpistole 42”