East German flare pistol holster

billybibbet
User

East German flare pistol holster

Post by billybibbet »

Quick question for the experts: I picked up one of these East German flare pistol holsters very inexpensively online ($10) from Numrich Arms. It is new, with shoulder strap and a pistol lanyard. The question I have is that while the EG model 1001 flare pistol fits the holster fine, the strap that would retain it is not long enough...so was this the correct holster for this pistol? The flap still folds over the pistol and secures fine.

If the 1001 is not correct, two more questions:
1) Which holster is correct?
2) Which pistol was this holster designed for?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bergler
User

Re: East German flare pistol holster

Post by bergler »

LP1001 is fine, this is the holster for it. When brandnew they are stiff, later the strap ill fit just fine ;-)

BTW....1001 means the following (old east german slogan):
one for 1000, 1000 for one
basically, everybody is here for everybody ;-)
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Thank you for the reply Bergler. I have attached a photo of the problem, as you can see, about 10cm too short for the pistol retention strap. I don't think the leather will ever be capable of stretching that far. ;)

The large flap that covers both the pistol and spare flare cartridges folds over and fits just fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Weiss
User

Post by Weiss »

Foto
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Weiss,
thank you very much, mystery solved!! I just tried fitting one of those east bloc wz44 type pistols and it fit perfectly. I guess now I would like to find one of the East German variants. :)

Thanks to the tremendous knowledge base here, it is invaluable.
AR-50A1
User

Post by AR-50A1 »

Hi billybibbet,

Here is a pic of a rig I purchased that has one of the holsters you describe. It came with a LP-4 1956. The holster was like new and very tight but the pistol and extra flares fit.

I shot this pistol yesterday and it was quite an experience. The 12ga flares shot with hardly any recoil at all. The 26.5mm flares left no doubt in your mind that something left the muzzle end of the pistol. :>)

Bill
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Bill, I think you have a mixing of countries in that picture. The LP4 and cleaning brush are W German, and the leather holster and cleaning swab/rod is E German.

Return to “Show your flare gun accessories”