Type 10

signalman
User

Type 10

Post by signalman »

Flaregun, You have a very nice condition late Type 10

This is my late Type 10 #8466 which is the highest production number I know of. From that number I believe about 8500 Type 10's were manufactured.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Weidman
Beheerder

Re: Type 10

Post by Weidman »

Hello Signalman,

Thanks, but I do not own any of the flare guns on the forum!
I will adjust the production!

Regards,
Flaregun
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

This is my Early Type 10 flare Pistol. It is serial #35.

It has one major feature different from later Type 10's other than the address variations.

Normally the trigger guard has an oval area of grooved parallel lines to aid in disassembly of the pistol.

This early gun has an area of Checkering instead of parallel lines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
signalman
User

Re: Type 10 Japanese Flare Pistol with THUMB SAFETY

Post by signalman »

This is my Type 10 Japanese Flare Pistol with Thumb Safety. There is believed to be only about 100 of these produced, and only a handful are known. It was probably a special contract of some type. Only one is in excellent condition #313, and Three of the five I know of saw VERY HARD USE, and their condition shows it. This one is no exception. Known numbers are #302, 313, 392, 399, and 403. Reports also say there is a #453, but it has not been confirmed.

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Just Picked this one up last week. It is serial # 12. It is the earliest Production Type 10 known at this time. Condition is not the best, but it is a rare variation

It has the serial number on both sides of the pistol frame, instead of just the left side. The oval finger pattern under the trigger guard is checked.

signalman
User

Post by signalman »

Other side serial number

Return to “Type 10”