Flare gun binders from Vagn Christensen - Denmark

Baslund
User

Flare gun binders from Vagn Christensen - Denmark

Post by Baslund »

Hi. I am the son of Vagn Christensen. My father had one of the largest collections of flare guns. My father died recently and i want to find someone who could have interesset in getting all the information my father collected. There are several binders with information of many of the flare guns around the world. I will take care of the shipment if anyone want it, but i can't pay for the shipment. It will be possible to show some picturs. For a collector, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity :)

Regards
Carsten Baslund Christensen
signalman
User

Re: Flare gun binders from Vagn Christensen - Denmark

Post by signalman »

Hello Carsten, Your father was a wonderful man, and I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He visited me once when I lived in Indiana, USA.

I would be interested in the information if you can give me instructions on what to do to receive it.

My email address is fireballantiques@comcast.net

Good Collecting, Howard
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
Dr.E13
User

Post by Dr.E13 »

Hello Carston,

I am saddened by the loss of your father. He is one of my heroes and a pioneer in the field of signal flare gun collecting. His Gun Digest article years ago got me interested in collecting.
My sincere sympathy to you and your family

There were others who provided information later on. The most outstanding assistance came from Howard (Signalman.) He remains a good friend to this day. Often we discussed articles and/or information by "Vagn Christensen." What your Dad wrote was "the word".

My prayers to you and family.

Allan
May your collection grow and prosper.

Dr.E13
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

Hello Carsten,
I only know of your father as beeing one of the most important persons in the flare gun world. I have read quite a bit from him, but never had tzhe chance to meet him personally. It is a great step from you to let the papers of your dad go to some other enthusiast who knows the value of it. I really appreciate this as this knowledge will be passed on. And yes, I think as well that signalman is somebody with the same enthusiasm that would be right to take over.
Please accept my deepest symathy and sorrow as well.
Bergler
Baslund
User

Post by Baslund »

bergler wrote:Hello Carsten,
I only know of your father as beeing one of the most important persons in the flare gun world. I have read quite a bit from him, but never had tzhe chance to meet him personally. It is a great step from you to let the papers of your dad go to some other enthusiast who knows the value of it. I really appreciate this as this knowledge will be passed on. And yes, I think as well that signalman is somebody with the same enthusiasm that would be right to take over.
Please accept my deepest symathy and sorrow as well.
Bergler
Hello Bergler. Thanks for your fine words, it matters. I have found someone who will use my Fathers research for the past 40 years. I am greatfull that i found this forum and for all the kind words for my Father and that someone will take over where my Father left.

Regards Carsten
Baslund
User

Post by Baslund »

Dr.E13 wrote:Hello Carston,

I am saddened by the loss of your father. He is one of my heroes and a pioneer in the field of signal flare gun collecting. His Gun Digest article years ago got me interested in collecting.
My sincere sympathy to you and your family

There were others who provided information later on. The most outstanding assistance came from Howard (Signalman.) He remains a good friend to this day. Often we discussed articles and/or information by "Vagn Christensen." What your Dad wrote was "the word".

My prayers to you and family.

Allan
Dear Allan. Thanks for your kind words. My Father turned 80, he had alzheimers, so for the past 7-8 years, he totally lost interest in doing anything with signal pistols. I should in time have ask my Father what to do with he's work, but never mind, i have found someone who will take over, so it will be in good hands now.

Regards Carsten
Baslund
User

Post by Baslund »

signalman wrote:Hello Carsten, Your father was a wonderful man, and I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He visited me once when I lived in Indiana, USA.

I would be interested in the information if you can give me instructions on what to do to receive it.

My email address is fireballantiques@comcast.net

Good Collecting, Howard
Hello Howard. Thanks for your kind words. My Father turned 80, but he got alzheimers, so for the past years, he lost interrest in signal pistols. So thanks for your offering, i have found someone who will take over, so my Fathers work will be in good hands.

Regards Carsten
Wolfgang Kern
User

Post by Wolfgang Kern »

Dear Carsten, I am shocked about these sad news, receive all my condolence! I have known your fine father for many many years and had been several times here in Germany in my home. He supported my books I had written and published on german flareguns very much. Please contact me as fast as possible directly concerning his data sheets and pics: I have an original testament from him, sent by ADVOKTAFIRMAET MOLLER & SORENSEN, Bymidten 36 D, 3500 Vaerlose in which Vagn Grundtvig Baslund Christensen promises me all his documents and archives on flareguns! DO NOT GIVE THEM AWAY OTHERWISE PLEASE!!!
"Det arkiv med optegnelser og billedmateriale angaende vaben, som jeg. Vagn Grundtvig Baslkund Christensen, har oparbejdet skal arves af Wolfgang Kern, Kreuzstrasse 19, 50354 Hürth / Tyskland.
Contact me please, so I can show you the whole document, signed by Vagn and Annalise Christensen in 1999.
Thank you in advance!
Wolfgang Kern
Mail: Delphine.Kern-Buchverlag@t-online.de
Net: www.leuchtpistolen.de

Return to “Show your flare gun collections”