Is this holster Czech or Russian?

billybibbet
User

Is this holster Czech or Russian?

Post by billybibbet »

I see these all over the internet variously listed as "com bloc", Russian and Czech. They are vinyl, with what appears to be pig skin/leather trim. Canvas strap. My suspicion is these are Czech but would like confirmation from our more experienced collectors. ;)

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
signalman
User

Re: Is this holster Czech or Russian?

Post by signalman »

I would guess Czech, 1976
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Thank you Signalman!
964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

The crossed swords stamped on the strap (immediately before the "76") are a Czech military acceptance mark. You will see the same marking on Czech Vz 52 pistols and Vz 52, 52/57, and 58 rifles, as well as the 44 and 44/67 flare guns.
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

964AWACS wrote:The crossed swords stamped on the strap (immediately before the "76") are a Czech military acceptance mark. You will see the same marking on Czech Vz 52 pistols and Vz 52, 52/57, and 58 rifles, as well as the 44 and 44/67 flare guns.
Indeed, you are correct sir! I just looked at my Vz52 and RV85 and see the cross swords stamps. I also have five different variants of their flare pistol (from early to late issue) and note the same mark on them as well.

Best wishes!
964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

billybibbet wrote:
964AWACS wrote:The crossed swords stamped on the strap (immediately before the "76") are a Czech military acceptance mark. You will see the same marking on Czech Vz 52 pistols and Vz 52, 52/57, and 58 rifles, as well as the 44 and 44/67 flare guns.
Indeed, you are correct sir! I just looked at my Vz52 and RV85 and see the cross swords stamps. I also have five different variants of their flare pistol (from early to late issue) and note the same mark on them as well.

Best wishes!

I was only aware of 4 variants of Czech 44 flare guns (gray phosphate finish-wood grips, gray phosphate finish-wood grips-reinforcing muzzle band, dark gray enamel finish-wraparound bakelite grips, dark gray enamel finish-wraparound bakelite grips w/checkering). Which one am I missing?
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

964AWACS wrote:
billybibbet wrote:

Best wishes!

I was only aware of 4 variants of Czech 44 flare guns (gray phosphate finish-wood grips, gray phosphate finish-wood grips-reinforcing muzzle band, dark gray enamel finish-wraparound bakelite grips, dark gray enamel finish-wraparound bakelite grips w/checkering). Which one am I missing?[/quote

Gray painted with wood grips! ;) I found one last year...serial number range makes it one of the earliest gray painted ones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
964AWACS
User

Post by 964AWACS »

Great - just when I thought I had all of the major SPSh variants (I just received my Chinese Type 57 today), now I have to find another one!

Thanks billyb! ;)

Return to “Russian and other communist block countries' flare guns”