Ecko 41

billybibbet
User

Ecko 41

Post by billybibbet »

I recently acquired this at a gun store in a smaller city in Western Washington State. External metal condition is not the best, but grips are very good, and bore condition is excellent. Functions fine, and fired it several times over the 4th of July holiday. Price was right, and this will do until a nicer one comes along.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billybibbet
User

Re: Ecko 41

Post by billybibbet »

Additional photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

last
bergler
User

Post by bergler »

I think this Ecko Looks just fine, at least to me! Very nice Fliegerleuchtpistole, congratulations. I fire all sorts of old flare guns (best for new year is a Hebel, nice and solid and heavy), but never the Fliegerleuchtpistole. I have seen too many that were damaged. This flare gun had a soft spot, the "nose" under the Barrel for the cöosing mechanism broke more often than normal, especially when firing 2 shots at a time. This is a weak Point, so I never fire one of those....
signalman
User

Post by signalman »

The barrel selector Lever, and the safety also are weak spots. Especially the barrel selector.

I also have seen them where one side will not fire for one reason or another.

These are well made, but very complicated, and over 60 + years will often develop problems
Guns have only two enemies, rust and politicians.

I am still looking for ANY information regarding the European Use of the Original Costons flares from 1859 through 1881. Photo's, Patents, contracts & orders, ANY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ! !
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Thank you both for the recommendation...I will refrain from firing it any further. I must have luck on my side, as I fired both barrels simultaneously, with modern, German flares like these:
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/1236180.htm

Stung my hand pretty good! ;) After that, I only shot one barrel at a time, using the more common (in North America) surplus Czech flares and smoke.
The 4th of July was good, and I tried out at least 4 pistols I had recently acquired.

Return to “Leuchtpistole L "Fliegerleuchtpistole"”