Yugo M57 at SG

Destroyer
User

Yugo M57 at SG

Post by Destroyer »

Just received my Yugo M57 flare gun in an OD canvas carrier for $109.99 delivered (free ship) from Sportsmans Guide. New condition, no cleaning brush included.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billybibbet
User

Re: Yugo M57 at SG

Post by billybibbet »

Well done! I picked up a couple from a Canadian retailer, but they would not ship to the USA, so I had to have them shipped to a friend in Vancouver, BC, then drive up and retrieve them. I think paid about $110 each for them...same deal, new M57 and new canvas carry case/pouch.

If you want to pick up another variant of the pouch, Sarco has them here:
http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/rarecomblockf ... pouch.aspx

They are also new condition.
Destroyer
User

Post by Destroyer »

Thanks for the link. Those have a bit more leather in the manufacture of the carrier.
billybibbet
User

Price Drop at Sportsmans Guide, until 12/31/2014!

Post by billybibbet »

I just received a new catalog from Sportsmans Guide, and they have dropped the price on the new Yugo M57 flare pistols to $70! (use coupon code SH1399 for free shipping) Only until 12/31/2014, better hurry
Destroyer
User

Post by Destroyer »

I just checked the SG website and it looks like they are still $109.99 for non-members.
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Destroyer wrote:I just checked the SG website and it looks like they are still $109.99 for non-members.
I have noticed the same, yet the catalog states this special price. I would try phoning them. I am planning to do the same, as they may make a nice gift for a couple friends. ;)
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

Okay I ordered today from Sportsman's Guide, and figured out why you cannot see the special, lower prices online. They use a special part number for the catalog "specials". So here is the order number, which can be used online or phoned in:
L4M8-617028 for M57 Yugo flare pistol with OD color, leather trimmed canvas case $69.99
This is only valid until Dec 31st. After Dec 31, the price goes back up to 109.99

Also, there is a free shipping code you can use also" SH1399 This code is only valid one time use. It expires on Dec 25th.

Happy collecting! I think everyone should own one of these, especially when they are so inexpensive.
shazbutmania
User

Post by shazbutmania »

Does anyone know if these Yugoslavian flare guns will accept a sub-caliber (410)insert? I understand most of the European guns will but I did see where someone stated that some of the Yugo's will not. Also, how does this compare with the Polish model? Both are listed at Sportsmans Guide for the same price. I would prefer the Yugo since it has a trigger guard. thanks
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

shazbutmania wrote:Does anyone know if these Yugoslavian flare guns will accept a sub-caliber (410)insert? I understand most of the European guns will but I did see where someone stated that some of the Yugo's will not. Also, how does this compare with the Polish model? Both are listed at Sportsmans Guide for the same price. I would prefer the Yugo since it has a trigger guard. thanks

Interesting question. I just checked, and no, the Yugo will NOT fit a sub caliber insert. I only own a 12 gauge adapter for 12 gauge flares, as I only have an interest in shooting flares in flare guns. I use the appropriate arm to shoot pistol rounds or shotgun rounds. ;)

After taking measurements, from what I can see, the inserts are typically very slightly oversize (mine is 26.63mm), but will still fit in most any flare gun, other than Yugo. The Yugo is simply slightly tighter tolerance...but chambers 26.5mm ammo, as I just tried some Czech, East German, and West German ammo, which measured around 26.28 to 26.44. All fit with no issues.
I like the Yugo, it is robustly made, and like you said, has a trigger guard, which is both safer and more pleasing to the eye.

Of course if you own a lathe and caliper, you can turn down the insert to specifically fit the Yugo M57.
billybibbet
User

Post by billybibbet »

I found a armorers/user manual for the Yugo M57 flare gun for sale online...I noticed the gun is described as a "26mm" flare gun, not a 26.5mm that most others are classified. This may explain why the chamber dimensions are slightly smaller... As I said before, all the 26.5mm ammunition types I have chamber fine....but the 12gauge adapter does not. But the adapter is on the larger side of dimensions, while the ammo is on the smaller side of specification.

Return to “Russian and other communist block countries' flare guns”